As a result of purposeful partnerships with area Institutes of Higher Education, including Technical Schools, Community Colleges and Universities, TISD Wildcat Workforce is proud to offer students opportunities to earn dual credit.
High School courses offered for dual credit enable high school students to enroll in a college course and simultaneously earn high school credit AND college credit for the course. This course structure enables high school students to earn college credits hours before graduating from high school, making their transition to the collegiate campus smoother and their likelihood of graduating from college greater.
While there is a student cost associated with earning dual credit.
BENEFITS OF DUAL CREDIT
- Seamless transition from high school to college
- Greater likelihood of success in subsequent collegiate work
- Greater likelihood of earning a high school diploma and a college degree
- Reduced cost of enrolling in higher education courses
- Opportunity to access college facilities and resources such as tutoring services, computer labs and counseling services
- Enhances skills required to be successful at the collegiate level such as time management skills, critical thinking skills, study skills and following directions and procedures
TISD HIGHER EDUCATION PARTNERS
Specific TISD Technical College, Community College and University partners include:
- Temple College
- Texas State Technical College
- Central Texas College
TISD routinely examines programs and reviews partnerships to update and add opportunities for continued student success.