VISION & GUIDING PRINCIPLES
To inspire, engage and prepare students to succeed in the constantly changing workforce.
The Wildcat Workforce vision is defined by five guiding principles. Collectively, they serve as guideposts for Wildcat Workforce leaders and partners to set priorities and make decisions affecting Wildcat Workforce programs, policies and priorities—and to chart a new course for CTE in the 21st century.
- Principle 1: CTE is critical to ensure local, regional, state, national and global competitiveness for TISD students
- Principle 2: CTE actively partners with employers to design and provide high-quality, dynamic programs
- Principle 3: CTE prepares students to succeed in post-secondary education and careers
- Principle 4: CTE delivers comprehensive courses incorporating academic rigor as well as technical and employability skills
- Principle 5: CTE is a results-driven system that links to greater earnings, improved employability, and positive cost-benefit ratio