The Temple Independent School District (TISD) Career & Technical Education (CTE) Department educates today’s students to become leaders in tomorrow’s workforce using:
- integrated instruction and curricula
- current technologies and state-of-the-art equipment
- and, most importantly, business partnerships to create learning environments that empower students to enter the constantly changing workforce. TISD CTE courses integrate academic rigor, technical, and employability skills thus preparing students for the highly technological and competitive workplace of the 21st century.
Our programs are strategically designed to train students for life-long success in high-wage, high-skill, and high-demand occupations and career fields. Many TISD CTE programs allow students to earn college credit in escrow through Articulated Credit, as well as direct college credit through Dual Credit agreements with area colleges, including Temple College and Texas State Technical College.
TISD CTE Programs:
- Provide rigorous instruction through hands-on, problem solving projects
- Teach and reinforce state and national academic standards
- Provide instruction and training in high-demand career occupations
- Link to local and regional businesses and industries
- Prepare students for workforce success locally, regionally, and globally
- Prepare students for post-secondary education
- Offer career development activities
- Provide opportunities to earn industry recognized certifications